MSP OR STAY INTERNAL? A question I get asked all the time..
They both have a place - it all depends on what you are looking for.
Here is a little breakdown..
- get to work on and really "own" one technical environment
- work with the same exact team every day
- no need to worry about timesheets and billable hours
- suits someone that is a little resistant to change and likes the status quo
- you can become a specialist in one or a few technical areas
- less variety and technical exposure in your everyday
- potential that you may be pigeonholed with regards to technology
- slightly reduced chance of training and development
- work in the same exact location every single day
- get to work with different technology and on different technical environments on a daily basis
- work with different people every day
- suits someone that loves to learn and loves a dynamic workplace where no 2 days are ever the same
- work and learn from the best in the industry
- you will become a very strong technical generalist
- work with cutting-edge technology much earlier
- more chance for project work
- more training and career development
- have to worry about timesheets and billable hours
- have to do more on-call, after-hours work
- may have to travel more to multiple-sites